Young Author’s 2016
The Fayetteville Public School elementary libraries are sponsoring the Young Author’s program. Students at each elementary may enter a piece of work for judging (by a committee consisting of current and former teachers using the ACTAAP writing rubric).
This is not a classroom assignment/activity, although work completed in class may be “polished” for submission.
Students with the ten top-scoring works from each school will participate in a special writers’ workshop featuring author Louis Sachar on October 26that Fayetteville High School.
Due: Thursday, October 6th, 2016. Turn into your teacher or Mrs. Jacobus
- Must be bound in some manner (folder, small binder 1” or less) to include a front and back cover
- Must be typed or neatly and legibly handwritten
- Must have a title page that includes: title, author, date, school and teacher
- Must have two blank pages at the back with the heading “Comment page”
- Must be edited with no grammar, punctuation or spelling errors
- Must be work not previously submitted for this program
- Content must be free of violence
- May have illustrations
- May have a dedication page
- May have an “About the author” page
- May have a table of contents
Direct questions to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Root Library)